The 9th edition of the Public Participation Awards Gala will take place on April 19th
A gala on the positive results of civic engagement for communities
Every year at the Public Participation Awards Gala we succeed in (re) discovering the power of the people: whether we applaud a group of citizens who persuaded the mayor to asphalt a street or an organization that managed to change a law. Because things around us do not seem to give us reasons for optimism, we need a dose of inspiration and enthusiasm. We will have it on April 19th, at the 9th edition of the Gala.
CeRe awards people, groups of citizens or non-governmental organizations that have changed something for the communities they belong to, by influencing public decisions. The Gala is open to public institutions that have demonstrated citizen involvement in making various decisions that concern them directly.
We offer 10 prizes chosen by the Gala jury and two special prizes from CeRe. We reward the people and the organizations that have influenced the decision-making process and have helped to solve issues such as: lack of equity and injustice towards citizens in the health or education system, irresponsible and abusive measures concerning the environment, lack of decision-making transparency in the way public money is spent, or decisions that have a major impact on citizens living in different vulnerability situations.
„Last year the Gala was about all those people who have the courage to turn up the light in their communities, when legislative injustices and the darkness in decision-making have a negative impact on the various communities. In 2018 we want to talk about solidarity as a source of collective power. We want this year’s event to build a space to promote the most tenacious and courageous civic initiatives in Romania and at the same time to have an inspirational experience, learning and connecting between the visible activists in public space in the last year and the various initiators of less visible civic campaigns in Bucharest and the country. ” Oana Preda CEO of CeRe
See the award-winning stories last year and how it was at the 2017 Gala.
We thank the Gala jury in 2018
- Dolores Neagoe, Director of Programs for Civil Society and Philanthropy, Romanian – American Foundation
- Catalin Teniţă, Zelist Monitor
- Gabriel Badescu, Professor of Political Science, Babes-Bolyai University of Cluj
- Dragoş Patraru
- Mircea Kivu, Sociologist, Editorialist, Foundation for Civil Society Disengagement
- Vintilă Mihăilescu, Anthropologist, National School of Political and Administrative Sciences – SNSPA
- Laurenţiu Colintineanu, Organizational Development Consultant
- Andra Maria Dobre, National Agency for Community Programs in Vocational Education and Training
- Irina Zamfirescu, activist, “Good Governance Programs” Coordinator, ActiveWatch
- Marian Ursan, Carusel Association
- Alina Tudor, Sustainability Specialist, ENEL Romania
- Tudor Musat, Journalist, Digi24